- This event has passed.
VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT TIPS YOU NEED TO KNOW
May 17 @ 12:00 pm - 1:15 pm$30
Many nonprofit organizations thrive because of their wonderful volunteers, but we all know managing volunteers is no easy task. The overall management of a volunteer program is the most effective way to reduce or eliminate financial risk to nonprofit organizations and requires a combination of efforts.
This webinar provides an overview of significant issues nonprofits should consider and address when working with volunteers.
- Defining who is a “volunteer”
- Significant applicable laws and DEIBCL+ consideration
- Liability protections for volunteers
- Legal risk associated with:
- Misclassifying an employee as a volunteer
- Compensating volunteers
- Letting nonexempt employees volunteer
- Steps to reduce the risks associated with the use of volunteers
Christine Michelle Duffy, Esq., Pro Bono Partnership