- This event has passed.
Good Governance – Advancing Racial Equity and Inclusion on Nonprofit Boards of Directors
June 8, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am$25
PLEASE COME TO THIS WORKSHOP TO DISCUSS THE QUESTIONS OF BOARD GOVERNANCE AND RACIAL DIVERSITY, INCLUDING:
- What are the legal responsibilities of the nonprofit board of directors?
- What is the history of the nonprofit industrial complex that has contributed to and perpetuated systemic racism in the sector?
- What are best practices for building a racially diverse board?
- How do you advance meaningful change related to board diversity?
- How do you assess your organizational readiness to take on this work?
Free for Nonprofit Westchester members; $25 for non-members
Westchester Library System Administrative Office
570 Taxter Rd, Suite 400
Elmsford, NY 10523
Maurice Segall, Esq., New York and Fairfield County, CT Program Director, Pro Bono Partnership
Maria Dautruche, Director of the Westchester Center for Racial Equity, YWCA of White Plains & Central Westchester
Jeanette Gisbert, Executive Director, Volunteer NY!
Lucria Ortiz, CEO, Yonkers Family YMCA
Sheeba Mathai, Chief Diversity Officer, Legal Services Of The Hudson Valley
Register through Nonprofit Westchester at https://npwestchester.org/event-4599519.
For registration or webinar assistance, please contact Suzanne Gardos, Director of Operations at Nonprofit Westchester, at firstname.lastname@example.org.