- This event has passed.
Hollywood Storytelling for Nonprofit Fundraising
June 1 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
You’re doing the most important work there is: changing lives and creating a better world. So why do great nonprofits struggle for the attention and funding they need to make the impact we all want to see? The answer, baked into our very DNA, is storytelling.
The right story, told the right way, has the power to break through the noise and make a connection with your audience that leads to action. The good news is that great storytelling doesn’t have to be difficult. We can easily adapt a framework that has been perfected over the last 100 years by a multi-billion-dollar industry—and use it for good!
In this webinar, we’ll break down Hollywood-based storytelling best practices and teach you how to apply them to boost your online fundraising.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Why storytelling works and when/how it works best
- What’s wrong with the way most nonprofits tell their story
- The most effective types of stories you should tell
- Who can tell your story, so you don’t have to
- The Personal Quest Story Formula that you can start using today
- How to apply storytelling to Donate pages
- Nonprofit leaders looking to raise more money and engagement
- Fundraising/development professionals
- Marketing and Communications professionals
Boris Kievsky is the Chief Storyteller and Nerd for Good at dotOrgStrategy, dedicated to helping nonprofits harness storytelling and technology to create more heroes for their cause and a better world for all of us.
Having spent a decade in computer science and over 15 years in theater, TV, and film, he now loves to combine his passions for technology, storytelling, and making a positive difference in the world. Over the last 10+ years, Boris has helped hundreds of nonprofits increase their impact locally and globally through the effective use of storytelling across digital media, including websites, social media, email, video, advertising, and crowdfunding, as well as technology that can reach and help more people without over-stretching an organization’s resources.
In addition to consulting, Boris teaches Digital Storytelling for Nonprofits at the NYU School of Professional Studies.