- This event has passed.
How to Use AI When Writing Grant Proposals
August 23 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm$69
If your organization is similar to other nonprofits, a lack of time, staff, and resources is one of the greatest challenges you face when grantseeking.
Fortunately, you now have access to hundreds of AI tools which can save you time. In fact, these tools can potentially save you hours when writing your next proposal.
Current AI tools cannot replace an effective proposal writer. Instead, they can be used as a well-trained assistant, which means you must understand their strengths and weaknesses to maximize their value. Otherwise, you may end up wasting time by submitting a poorly written proposal.
During this webinar, Alice Ruhnke and David Gates will show you how to use AI tools effectively when writing proposals. We’ll be joined by Phillip Deng, the CEO of Grantable, and Mike Chamberlain, the CEO of the Grant Professionals Association, who will share their unique insights into AI best practices and considerations for nonprofits.
- how AI actually works, along with its strengths and weaknesses when it comes to proposal writing;
- a 3-step process for effectively using an AI tool;
- what research you need to complete prior to using AI tools;
- how AI tools can help you answer questions found in an RFP;
- the editing steps you need to take before submitting a proposal that was written with the assistance of AI tools;
- myths and misconceptions about AI; and,
- other AI tools to consider beyond ChatGPT.
This session will explore the proposal writing process while using ChatGPT as an assistant so you walk away ready to test out AI tools within your own organization. However, this is not a training on the best practices for ChatGPT. Specific skills related to ChatGPT (i.e. prompt engineering) are out of the scope of this webinar.
This session is perfect for any nonprofit staff member involved in the grantseeking process who is looking for ways to maximize the use of AI in their organization.
Multiple attendee discount available. See registration link for details.