Managing Confidentiality Concerns for Nonprofit Boards and Staff Leaders – April 2024
April 18 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm$30
Boards and staff leaders at nonprofits often encounter private and confidential information about board members, employees, volunteers, and donors during the course of their work on behalf of those nonprofits. This webinar will help nonprofit boards and staff leaders manage confidentiality requirements and expectations that impact their organizations.
- How the three fiduciary duties of Board members relate to confidentiality;
- The value of a confidentiality policy for a nonprofit and considerations when adopting one;
- How to navigate donor expectations of confidentiality;
- Confidentiality during an employment relationship, including a discussion of whether employers and/or employees have a right to record meetings with or without consent; and
- How to think about balancing the need to keep information confidential with a desire to be transparent.
Jennifer Grudnowski, Esq., Senior Staff Attorney, Pro Bono Partnership
Alexandra E. Kilduff, Esq., Staff Attorney, Pro Bono Partnership
Sara Taylor, Esq., Staff Attorney, Pro Bono Partnership