- This event has passed.
Managing Employee Absences Under New Jersey’s Leave, Disability, and Workers’ Comp Laws
November 9, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm$30
Managing workers while balancing the constantly changing leave and disability laws in New Jersey can make even the most seasoned HR managers scratch their head. Superimpose a pandemic and things get even more complicated. We’re here to help!
This webinar will focus broadly on the general principles of family, medical, and disability leaves, as well as the byzantine world of workers’ compensation in New Jersey. Specific attention will be paid to approaches to managing the abuse of leaves by employees.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE
- Understanding the basic requirements of leaves and disability accommodations under the federal Family and Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, and parallel but distinctly different New Jersey laws that can, among other things, result in “leave stacking”
- Differentiating between leave and wage replacement laws
- What you can and can’t do when an employee has a worker’s comp claim
- How to effectively deal with employees requesting leaves and at the same time minimizing the risk of leave abuse and claims of retaliation
- The 2021 law that requires some New Jersey employers to give a “hiring preference” to employees who have reached “maximum medical improvement” and are unable to return to their prior position with their employer
Justin B. Cutlip, Esq., Jackson Lewis P.C.
Louis M. Masucci, Jr., Esq., Law Offices of Gerald F. Strachan