Navigating and Addressing Cultural Flashpoints in the Workplace from a Legal Perspective
March 12 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
This Pro Bono Partnership event is free and open to all, subject to capacity limits.
Workplaces are not immune from polarization in American society. Cultural conflicts, or as we call them Cultural Flashpoints, are on the rise, whether stemming from politics, current events, or international affairs. Those conflicts may intersect with protected classifications such as religion, race, LGBTQ+ identity and national origin. We expect these trends will only accelerate in an election year. Nonprofits need effective strategies to lower the temperature, ensure compliance with the law, and stay focused on their mission.
- Common workplace flashpoints;
- Practical tips for navigating those flashpoints;
- How to develop a consistent approach that aligns with your nonprofit’s values and objectives;
- Benchmarking – what are other employers doing? and
- How to update your policies and training to empower your nonprofit for the current moment.
Sam Schwartz-Fenwick, Partner, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
Dawn Solowey, Partner, Seyfarth Shaw LLP