- This event has passed.
Resilience: Strength Under Stress
February 23, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 amFree
Stress is how our body responds to the challenges or demands we face. While stress often gets a bad name, it can be good for us in short bursts. However, other types of stress, ones that continues indefinitely, can have long-term health impact if left unaddressed. This interactive workshop will help participants identify the WARNING signs their bodies give when they are BECOMING stressed so they can intervene sooner rather than later. In addition, resilience, factors that make us resilient, risk factors that are impedes building resilience, and strategies for building resilience muscles will be explored.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Recognize warning signs that are indicators that they are BECOMING stressed
- Identify some strategies that
- they can use to help themselves when they are becoming stressed
- others can implement to help them when they are becoming stressed
- they can use to help others when they are becoming stressed
- Explain what resiliency is and identify factors and resources that promote it