- This event has passed.
Spring 2023 Interim ED Training
March 23 @ 9:00 am - March 24 @ 5:00 pm$1075
Interim Executive Director Training
Support Center is looking to attract a diverse group of nonprofit leaders who are:
- Current and former nonprofit executive directors considering a career as an Interim Executive Director
- Serving or have served as an Interim Executive Director who would like specialized training
- Mid- to late-career professionals who now have independent consulting practices with a focus on nonprofit organizational development and leadership transition
- Grantmakers seeking to understand leadership transitions and the important role interim executives play in supporting board and staff members during transitions
Topics covered in the 2-day training include:
- How leadership and organizational transition fall within the nonprofit organizational life cycle
- The philosophy and value of the full executive transition process
- Specific roles of the interim, board, and search consultants
- The reality of being an effective interim executive
- Challenges presented, the skills and perspective required
- How to handle the emotional aspects of being an interim executive
- Dealing with staff and board dynamics of organizations undergoing an executive transition
- How the Support Center’s interim ED placement practice works
DATES: Thursday, March 23, and Friday, March 24, 2023 (Attendance is required for both full days.)
TIMES: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm EST
LOCATION: Support Center, 32 Old Slip, 24th Floor, New York, NY 10005
TUITION: $1,075, to be paid upon acceptance to the program and receipt of an invoice. Tuition includes the cost of training materials and light breakfast and lunch on each day.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, January 27, 2023
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please submit a resume and cover letter via this portal. The cover letter should include why you would like to serve as an interim director, your qualifications, and how your particular skills and experiences could serve a nonprofit in transition.
ADMISSION PROCESS: Admission decisions for this program are made on a competitive and rolling basis. Applications will only be accepted online and will be reviewed starting on January 9. Admission notifications will be sent out no later than February 17.