- This event has passed.
Supervisory Essentials: Managing People and Leading Teams
February 17 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
THIS IS AN IN-PERSON EVENT
Is there a difference between the skills and qualities that earned you the manager role and those that will help you effectively lead your team? Many leaders and managers supervise staff by the seat of their pants or based on the management styles and characteristics of leaders they admire or based on what they did not like in their own supervision.
You will learn skills and techniques to match your leadership style to the needs and behaviors of your team, promote success, and build a team culture of collaboration, empowerment, and trust. This training will also touch upon supervision with an equity and inclusion lens. This training is designed to provide leaders with an action-oriented framework that increases both the quantity and quality of performance conversations by matching an individual’s readiness level for a specific task with the appropriate leadership style.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Learn how to foster healthy working relationships with direct reports, teams, supervisors, and colleagues particularly amidst the stressors of the current operating environment;
- Analyze their own and staff members needs in terms of “readiness” to undertake and successfully accomplish tasks
- Establish a process for creating working agreements, setting and communicating expectations, and providing and receiving effective feedback
- Explore the common pitfalls leading to miscommunication
- Examine why one technique does not work for every person; leadership style is driven by the situation
- Improve capacity to effectively supervise, coach and mentor
This workshop is best suited for:
- New supervisors
- Anyone who wants to improve their supervisory skills
NOTE: This workshop should be taken prior to all other workshops for Leadership & Supervision Certificate enrollees. This workshop is also included in the Executive Leadership Certificate program. Attendance to all 3 webinars is required for certificate enrolled.
Keith H. Green is an accomplished Senior Executive, Thought Leader, Speaker, and Facilitator with more than 30 years of success in nonprofits and defense. Leveraging extensive experience in organizational administration and operations as well as direction of training programs and staff in not–for–profit, commercial, and industrial environments, he is a valuable asset for health and wellness companies or programs for Education and children, of various sizes and stages of growth that are seeking expert assistance with project management, creating structure around human capital, staff development, strategic planning, or policy and practice development. His broad areas of expertise include board governance, strategy, strategic planning, business planning, and human resources.
As a veteran Board Member, Keith currently holds seats on the Board of Directors for University Hospital-Newark, Programs for Parents, Inc., and Boys to Leaders Foundation. He has served as a Member on dozens of community organizations, schools, and nonprofits. He holds a Bachelor of Science – HRM from the Union Institute & University and completed the Executive Leadership Program at UCLA as well as the Advanced Leadership Program with United Way Worldwide.
As of Jan 13, 2023, there is no price information available for this event. Email email@example.com with any questions.