- This event has passed.
Supervisory Essentials: Managing People and Leading Teams- 3 sessions
February 10, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
Is there a difference between the skills and qualities that earned you the manager role and those that will help you effectively lead your team? Many leaders and managers supervise staff by the seat of their pants or based on the management styles and characteristics of leaders they admire or based on what they did not like in their own supervision.
Through discussions, case studies, and interactive activities, you will learn skills and techniques to match your leadership style to the needs and behaviors of your team, promote success, and build a team culture of collaboration, empowerment, and trust. Now offered as a three-part series, this training will also touch upon supervision with an equity and inclusion lens as well as managing teams remotely. This training is designed to provide leaders with an action-oriented framework that increases both the quantity and quality of performance conversations by matching an individual’s readiness level for a specific task with the appropriate leadership style.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Learn how to foster healthy working relationships with direct reports, teams, supervisors, and colleagues particularly amidst the stressors of the current operating environment;
- Analyze their own and staff members needs in terms of “readiness” to undertake and successfully accomplish tasks
- Establish a process for creating working agreements, setting and communicating expectations, and providing and receiving effective feedback
- Explore the common pitfalls leading to miscommunication
- Examine why one technique does not work for every person; leadership style is driven by the situation
- Improve capacity to effectively supervise, coach and mentor
This workshop is best suited for:
- New supervisors
- Anyone who wants to improve their supervisory skills
Session 1: February 10, 2022 @ 1 PM – 3 PM
Session 2: February 17, 2022 @ 1 PM – 3 PM
Session 3: February 24, 2022 @ 1 PM – 3 PM