- This event has passed.
What’s Next for Cash-Based Social Policies? Lessons from the Expanded Child Tax Credit
March 14, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
Join the Urban Institute and the Jain Family Institute for an event exploring key insights on the child tax credit (CTC) and other cash-based policy derived from an expanded CTC outreach campaign in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The event will begin with the perspectives of CTC beneficiaries reached by the campaign, and a discussion of the campaign’s strengths and challenges for CTC enrollment and impact will follow. A panel of experts will draw on participants’ stories to reflect on broader takeaways about the CTC and viable options for getting more cash to struggling American families.
- Cynthia Jasso, Program Officer, George Kaiser Family Foundation
- Maria Elena Kuykendall, BEST Community Liaison, Community Service Council
- Elaine Maag, Senior Fellow, Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center
- Stephen Nuñez, Lead Researcher on Guaranteed Income, Jain Family Institute
- Brayan Rosa-Rodríguez, Senior Policy Analyst, UnidosUS
- Marcela Swenson, Executive Director, Tulsa Responds
- Mary Bogle, Principal Research Associate, Metropolitan Housing and Communities Policy Center, Urban Institute (comoderator)
Fay Walker, Research Associate, Metropolitan Housing and Communities Policy Center, Urban Institute (comoderator)