Website Count Basie Center for the Arts
The Count Basie Center for the Arts, in the ever-growing and beautiful downtown Red Bank, New Jersey, is seeking a highly organized, creative, motivated, and experienced Development Events manager to join our team.
Founded in 1926, The Count Basie Center for the Arts is New Jersey’s premier center for the cultural arts and its commitment to being a diverse, equitable and inclusive (DEI) performing arts organization is at the core of our mission to Inspire, Educate and Entertain.
As part of that commitment, the Count Basie Center has established a Staff DEI Task Force and a Board DEI Committee. Our purpose is to intentionally embrace and amplify positive change toward diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility in every area of our organization, including programming, education, staffing, board recruitment, and community engagement.
The Count Basie Center is determined to provide an inclusive environment in which all who walk through our doors can do so as their most authentic selves. We firmly believe that everyone of all backgrounds and identities deserves access to experience the enrichment that the arts contribute to a full life.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, we are searching for an enthusiastic and creative Development Events Manager to help plan and implement high quality events in support of the Basie’s mission and plan a strategy to increase our donor base through research, networking, meetings and conversations with present, past and future supporters. S/he will be responsible for the planning, coordination, and execution of all Basie Center development events including but not limited to: Annual golf outing, Annual Gala, Chairman’s Circle Event, Membership Level events, Cultivation events and special events such as our annual Holiday Party.
- Plan, coordinate and execute development and special events from start to finish working with staff, volunteers and vendors.
- Guide special events fundraising efforts by creating lists of potential donors and past donors, assigning calls, making calls and follow-up as needed to ensure the success of the events.
- Develop event budgets and monitor throughout the year.
- Work with Basie Center marketing team to create event collateral including invitations, signage, sponsorship recognition, etc.
- Work with development staff, Board of Trustee members, Event Chairs and Volunteer Committee members to develop event prospect lists, secure sponsorships, underwriting opportunities, donations of goods for auctions.
- Keep track of all pledges and follow-up to ensure they are fulfilled.
- Coordinate all event details with appropriate Count Basie Center staff and supervise set-up, clean-up, staff/volunteers, outside vendors leading up to and including the day of the event.
- Analyze the performance of special events and other fundraising activities for effectiveness and to identify areas of opportunity to reduce expenses and maximize revenue and prepare post event reports.
- Assist in brainstorming and creating new methods to raise funds and implement event plans and concepts for our organization
- Cultivate relationships with donors
- Research potential donors to gain insight into needs, beliefs, and donation habits to understand how to position our organization to them.
- Collaborate with other organizations and groups within the community to build partnerships and enhance fundraising activities.
- Attend networking and community organization events to make connections that will benefit the Basie Center.
- Be available to attend Basie Center performances and network with donors in the VIP lounges.
- Maintain complete and orderly records of donors and communication with donors.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in development.
- 2-5 years’ experience in not-for-profit fundraising.
- Exemplary communication, writing and networking skills.
- Willingness to be hands-on in a role that is demanding and requires a high level of energy and professionalism.
- Ability to work within a small team of development professionals and support each other to meet and exceed goals.
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Prior event planning experience.
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task to complete assignments with many deadlines and competing priorities.
- Knowledge of CRM data management required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
This is a full-time, exempt position and eligible for The Basie’s competitive benefits package that includes paid time off (personal, sick and vacation), insurance (health, dental, vision, life, long and short-term disability) and a 401(k)-retirement plan including company match. This position operates on a hybrid schedule that allows for remote work 2 days a week. The annual salary range is $55,000-$65,000.
Interested candidates should apply on The Basie website at https://thebasie.org/jobs/.No phone calls please.Compensation: $55,000 - $65,000
Interested candidates should apply on The Basie website at https://thebasie.org/jobs/
No phone calls please.