Website Isles inc.
Position Overview: The Weatherization Field Technician I works with the Weatherization Field Technician III, Weatherization (WX) and Lead Program staff as part of a team. The team provides cost-effective, high quality weatherization services to low-income households in Mercer County, NJ. Weatherization Field Technician I assists in conducting energy audits/assessments of eligible low-income residential units; sets up and manages weatherization projects; and conducts in-progress and final inspections of work by heating and energy efficiency subcontractors. This position interfaces with a variety of organizational personnel, external agencies, customers and the general public.
• Conducts initial evaluations of client homes and systems to determine suitability to WX program and reports deferrals due to issues such as the need for repairs that are beyond the scope of the program.
• Conducts initial tests and diagnoses air flow, furnace, hot water heaters and other systems using standard analysis equipment.
• Inspects buildings to identify required weatherization measures, including repair work, modification, or replacement.
• Supports Senior Weatherization Field Tech to conduct comprehensive energy audits/assessments of homes to identify available energy conservation measures, ventilation and other required health and safety measures, and WX related repair measures required to enable or protect energy conservation measures.
• Prepares accurate, detailed work scopes for review and written approval by WX Program Manager.
• Obtains continuing education units (CEUs) required for periodic renewal of Building Analyst, Energy Auditor, Quality Control Inspector (QCI) and other required certifications.
• Carries out other related duties as assigned by the WX Program Manager.
High School diploma or G.E.D. plus 1 year of work equivalent
In-depth knowledge of building science as it applies to residential weatherization
Current Building Performance Institute (BPI) Building Analyst 1 certification
Valid Driver’s License and insurable driving record
CPR and basic First Aid certification within 90 days of employment
Lead Safe Renovator Certificate within 45 days of employment
Able to communicate well both verbally and in writing
Able to use current Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook effectively
Able to write clear, comprehensive work orders for Isles program staff and subcontractors
Outstanding time management and organizational skills
Preferred but not required:
Experience with low-income Weatherization Assistance Program or NJ Comfort Partner’s Program
Proficiency with NEAT, MHEA and HESWAP
Familiarity with NREL Standardized Work Scope (SWS)
Spanish Language Proficiency
Ambition and Vision – ability to take initiative, be proactive, and come up with your own list of projects and priorities; a wide degree of creativity and latitude; self-motivated
Personality and Eloquence – Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to represent Isles in a professional and personable manner and build relationships with a wide-range of people; ability to use both “head and heart” methods of persuasion.
Mission-Related Knowledge – Passion for Isles’ mission, especially related to energy and environmental health.
Positive Workstyle – Ability to work with a positive and professional attitude; ability to work well with diverse personalities, in a team or individually; excellent organizational skills, and a high level of attention to detail.
Position Details: Exempt, 40 hour/week position, flexible schedule. Salary Range: $45,000-$55,000Compensation: $45,000-$55,000
Please send a cover letter, resume and recent writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application materials should demonstrate why you’re a good fit for this position and what specific skills, experience, talents, and interest you’ll bring to the table.