Website Legal Services of New Jersey
Legal Services of New Jersey (LSNJ) spearheads the statewide six program New Jersey Legal Services system. With its 56 year history, Legal Services in New Jersey is recognized by the national Legal Services community as a leader in advocacy and innovation. We are currently seeking to fill an immediate opening for a Director of Development.
We seek an experienced fundraising professional to design and execute a strategic development plan aimed at maximizing financial support, from both public and private sectors, for the mission and work of the New Jersey Legal Services system. The Director of Development will report directly to the President and work closely with other members of the senior management and advocacy teams on strategic development plans.
· Identify and cultivate potential major donors, including law firms, corporate gifts and foundation support
· Foster strong relationships with new, existing and prior donors
· Maintain accurate records of all fundraising activities
· Engage board of trustees in fundraising activities
· Prepare and disseminate communications and solicitation materials
· Identify, research, and pursue new grant opportunities from both government and private sources
· Organize and lead special projects and large annual events
· Work closely with a team of LSNJ staff from other professional disciplines
· Experience with non-profit fundraising
· Bachelor’s Degree required; an advanced degree is preferred
· Track record in securing major gifts and grants
· Demonstrated familiarity with internet trends and opportunities related to donor relations, with pertinent fundraising technology and software
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Experienced and creative with the use of social medial to promote development, organizational activities and accomplishments
· Ability to write in a clear, structured and persuasive way
· Creative thinking
Other relevant considerations:
· Familiarity with Legal Services and non-profit civil legal aid
· Familiarity with fundraising in New Jersey helpful
· Experience with working with Board of Directors on fundraising and other development activitiesCompensation: $90,000- 120,000 commensurate with experience
To apply please send a detailed cover letter explaining your interest in the position and salary requirements, along with a resume summarizing your previous experience and track record with the identified responsibilities and qualifications. Also include at least two recent significant writing samples. Salary will be commensurate with that for similar positions in this geographical area and with the degree of experience in a similar position. EOE. Send all information to email@example.com.