Website MEND Hunger Relief Network
- Location: Hybrid: Orange, NJ
- Start Date: April 1, 2024
- Travel Required: Local – Within Essex County, NJ
- Position Type: Full-time (30-40 hours/week), non-exempt
Meeting Essential Needs with Dignity, Inc. (MEND) is a hunger relief network supporting over 40 food pantries and community partners throughout Essex County, NJ. Committed to strengthening community health by increasing access to fresh and healthy food, MEND operates with core values of community, diversity, collaboration, and dignity. Join our passionate team and contribute to a culture of dignity, problem-solving, and continuous improvement.
- Reimbursements for health care
- 401k retirement savings plan with organization matching
- Paid holidays and unlimited paid time off
Role and Responsibilities
As the Administrative Assistant at MEND, you will be a vital part of our collaborative and dynamic organization. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, organized, and detail-oriented individual who is self-motivated and passionate about growing MEND’s mission and impact.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Administrative Assistant will support needs across the organization. Key responsibilities include:
Data Entry and Record Keeping
- Update/maintain spreadsheets tracking program, development, and operations metrics
- Code expenses and prepare bill payments (via Bill.com)
- Maintain all donor data and run reports on our fundraising platform (Bloomerang.com)
Team Support and Collaborative Communication
- Assist staff and volunteers with event planning, e.g., annual gala, volunteer appreciation, donor recognition, and other community events
- Ensure smooth meeting/event execution, including note-taking and preparing final draft minutes to share meeting highlights, next action steps, and assign action owners
- Draft social media posts, marketing and/or donor communications
- Organize and maintain electronic and paper files
- Respond to general inquiries via telephone and email
- Order supplies and keep office records maintained and updated
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous administrative experience preferred
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace products
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work independently or collaboratively
- A belief that all people are entitled to access to fresh and healthy food
- A commitment to racial, social, and food justice and sovereignty
- Mastery in spreadsheets
- Familiarity with Sign Up Genius, Canva, and Bill.com
- Language proficiency in Spanish and/or Creole
- MEND’s office hours are Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm. This is a hybrid position requiring you to be on-site three days a week, with flexibility as to which three days you choose
- You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for employment with MEND
- Hiring preference will be given to residents of towns where MEND pantry partners are located: Bloomfield, East Orange, Irvington, Maplewood, Montclair, Newark, Orange, South Orange, West Orange
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resumé to HR@mendnj.org. Please note “Administrative Assistant” as the subject in your email.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with priority consideration given to candidates who submit by March 1, 2024.
MEND is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We value diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Join us in meeting the essential needs of people in Essex County with dignity!