Website New Jersey Center for Nonprofits
The New Jersey Center for Nonprofits, New Jersey’s statewide network and champion for the charitable community, strengthens nonprofits individually and collectively through public education, advocacy, management and compliance assistance, and member services, in order to improve the quality of life for all people of our state.
We have an immediate opening for a Director of Strategic Partnerships, a new position reporting to the President & CEO.
The Director of Strategic Partnerships (DSP) will be responsible for building and strengthening the Center’s programmatic partnerships and collaborations with nonprofits, philanthropy serving organizations, funders, vendors, and other key constituencies. The DSP will work closely with the CEO and other team members to implement key projects, amplify program impact, and increase earned revenue through the creation and strengthening of organizational partnerships, and by enhancing a culture of entrepreneurship in the organization.
Primary responsibilities include:
> Serve as lead staff to coordinate the Doing Good Better and Nonprofit Principles and Practices initiatives.
- Lead and coordinate the Center’s work on Doing Good Better, a multi-year partnership with the Council of New Jersey Grantmakers working to equalize the power dynamics between philanthropy, nonprofits and government, in order to strengthen relationships, simplify funder practices, and improve community impact.
- Lead and coordinate the “Nonprofit Principles and Practices” initiative to create a compliance, management, ethical, and diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging (DEIB) framework and tools for New Jersey nonprofits, adapting and building on “Principles and Practices for Nonprofit Excellence” of other states and similar initiatives.
> With the President & CEO, membership team, and other staff members, identify and pursue opportunities to grow earned income opportunities for the Center.
- With the membership team, identify and develop new preferred vendor programs and other vendor relationships in order to enhance member benefits offerings for Center members and thereby enhance the value of membership, help member nonprofits to stretch scarce resources, and grow revenue for the Center.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen programmatic partnerships with nonprofits and others, in order to increase the depth and breadth of program capacity and impact.
- With the President & CEO and other staff members, identify and cultivate relationships with potential sponsors, funders, and supporters of the Center’s annual conference. Assist in developing sponsorship menus and related materials, and in applying for sponsorships as necessary, and serve as lead in coordinating with sponsors leading up to and during the conference. Assist in identifying and cultivating sponsors or underwriters for other Center programs.
> Support other staff members in executing a successful annual conference (includes sponsor identification/outreach/relations, content development, promotion and similar functions).
> Occasional presentations on behalf of the Center to external audiences.
> Regular travel, mostly in-state, to attend meetings and events, some of which may occur outside of the conventional 9am-5PM time frame.
> Other duties as required.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- 7+ years’ experience in a nonprofit organization in a field related to the job duties, including working knowledge of nonprofit management and operations. A combination of education plus related experience may also be considered.
- Membership association experience a strong plus; support for an inclusive culture of community and membership-building essential.
- Exceptional oral and written communications and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in partnering, collaborating, and negotiating/consensus-building with a wide array of communities and constituencies.
- Experience in corporate or foundation relations a strong plus.
- Proactive, self-motivated and organized; able to work both independently and in collaboration with others.
- Creative, entrepreneurial, and problem-solving mindset.
- Computer aptitude – Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint); Zoom; internet research skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a strong plus.
- Team spirit essential; sense of humor a definite plus.
- Shared commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging (DEIB) and advancing DEIB in all aspects of the organization, internally, programmatically, and externally.
Compensation: $73,000-$77,000 annualized, plus benefits
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Be sure to include “Director of Strategic Partnerships” in the subject line. We’ll be reviewing submissions and scheduling remote interviews on a rolling basis until the position is filled, so if you are interested in applying, don’t wait! If you need an accommodation to conduct a remote interview, please mention that in your submission. You will be contacted if we would like to arrange an interview. No calls, please.
The New Jersey Center for Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and an inclusive culture. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by law. The Center is committed to championing diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging within our organization and beyond; and to listening, learning, evolving and improving in our words, deeds and impact.