Website New Jersey State Bar Association/Foundation
Statewide professional association with over 15,000 members seeks a Director of Meetings and Events who can provide overall strategic and operational leadership of the organization’s networking events, small business meetings, conventions, and other meetings activities, including:
1. An annual 3-day in-state conference with 3000-4000 attendees, and
2. An annual 7-day conference with 200-450 attendees that is held at high-end destinations worldwide.
Specific Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
3. Event site selection
4. Contract negotiations and management
5. Budgeting and adherence to budget requirements
6. Vendor selection (including catering)
7. Staff supervision
8. Managing on-site logistics
9. Coordinating travel arrangements
10. Working with volunteer committees.
11. Monitoring attendance
12. Domestic and international travel as needed
13. Early morning, evening and weekend hours, as needed
Required skills include:
Must have at least 5 years of experience planning large and small business and networking conferences, events and meetings (both business and social). Must also have extensive experience with all aspects of event finance, including but not limited to budgeting, profit and loss evaluation, sponsorship, and BEO management. Strong written and verbal communication skills and college degree required.
Additional required skills include, but are not limited to: effective leadership and decision-making, efficient time management, professional demeanor and attitude, excellent written and oral communication abilities, and proficiency with technologyCompensation: $90,000 - $110,000 range depending on experience
Email resume and cover note to: Jesmary Ruiz, Human Resource Director, firstname.lastname@example.org