Website Northwest Developers
Northwest Developers, Inc. is a community-based organization whose mission is to empower and engage the community through educational, recreational, health and vocational opportunities that assist with their immediate and long-term needs. We strive to create a vibrant community that enhances the quality of life throughout the Newark, NJ area.
The Organization is searching for a part-time skilled Executive Director to help fulfill this important undertaking. In alignment with the board of directors, the Executive Director will oversee the strategic and operational efficiencies of our programs and services. This seasoned leader not only understands community service but has proven experience developing a fundraising plan and implementing it. Prior experience managing and establishing relationships with local community groups is essential. Appropriate candidates will be comfortable in a leadership role that demands clear communication and decisiveness.
Skills required include: Leadership, Board Partnership, Visionary and Strategic Thinking , Effective Management; Fundraising and Resource Development.
The ideal candidate will possess:
· Deep belief in the power of community and a passion for our organizations mission
· Confidence and Humility
· Compelling communicator
· Ability to engage people and cultivate genuine relationships with stakeholders.
· A thoughtful and intentional leader
· Culturally responsive and emotionally intelligent
· Technologically savvy; ability to see how technology creates opportunity
· Growth mindset; open to learning and adapting based on community needs
· BA degree or equivalent in appropriate field
· Minimum of 3 years management experience, preferably with a nonprofit
· Strong public relations, marketing, and fundraising experience
· Knowledge of leadership and management principles related to nonprofits
· Proven success working with Boards and Communities
· Entrepreneurial mindset, with innovative approach to business planning
· Dynamic and charismatic team player who enjoys being the public face of an organization
· Experience managing budgets
· Exception verbal, written and visual communication skills
· Working knowledge of quick Books, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Canva and other platforms
This is a part-time, hybrid and flexible position.Compensation: $35.00 hour / 20 hours a week
Please send resume and cover letter to :
Lauren Frary at: