Website Trenton Area Soup Kitchen
The Trenton Area Soup Kitchen (TASK) was founded in 1982 to feed those who are hungry in the Trenton area and offer programs to encourage self-sufficiency and improve their quality of life. TASK is committed to responding to the growing food insecurity in the Trenton area. It now serves over 9,000 meals each week at its Escher Street location and through its network of community meal sites across the area. TASK also offers a wide range of supportive programs, including case management services, adult education programs, job search assistance, and creative arts programs.
The TASK Food Truck Coordinator leads the daily activities of the TASK Truck and its staff to ensure that operations run smoothly and that a meal is provided in a hospitable and trauma-informed way. This person is also the lead in de-escalating situations involving diners and ensuring that accurate meal counts are recorded.
Working with the Director of Culinary Operations and the kitchen crew, the TASK Truck Coordinator ensures that services offered to the TASK diners are easy for all to access, and that all diners feel welcome.
This is a full-time, in-person, salaried position. This individual must be fluent in English and Spanish.
• Ensure smooth, secure operation of the Truck while driving and during meal service
• Patrons’ questions are answered, and procedures are explained so that someone seeking services can get their needs met as efficiently as possible.
• Rapport and trust are built with patrons so that honest feedback can be gathered for the purpose of program management, program reporting, new program creation, and so that rules can be enforced in a trauma-informed way.
• Data is collected when appropriate; client confidentiality is maintained.
• Support staff to ensure daily team goals are met
• Ensure that the program is operated with a trauma informed care approach
• Participate in full agency administration
Education and Experience
Appropriate educational credentials are required that demonstrate the knowledge and competencies needed for this position. The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of a high school diploma (associate degree preferred) three to five years of experience in working in the food service industry or with the demographics of the population served by TASK and a clean driving record (class B CDL Preferred). In addition, the following are the qualifications for this position:
• Ability to operate and maneuver a large vehicle/food truck
• ServSafe Manager Certification
• Thorough understanding of trauma informed care
• Must be fluent in Spanish and English
• Ability to connect and communicate with a very diverse client base
• Ability to work both independently and as member of a team
• Ability to read and speak appropriately to fulfill the responsibilities of the position
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and problem solving skills
• Ability to establish and maintain relationships within and outside TASK in a professional manner
• Ability to de-escalate situations when client stress level/tension is high
• Ability to grow the mobile feeding program
• Strong attention to detail
• PC skills, particularly WORD and EXCEL
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse and dynamic environment.
Salary range: $52,400 – $65,400
Generous benefit packages including medical and dental, vision, life, and accident insurances; vacation, sick and personal leave; 401K and employee assistance program.
· Five days a week, 38 hours per week Monday through Friday, schedule to be determined with Director Culinary Operations
Attendance may be required at special events, including occasional weeknights, holidays, or weekends.Compensation: $52,400 - $65,400
TASK is committed to modeling what it means to be an equitable nonprofit organization focused on addressing hunger and alleviating the impacts of poverty in the Trenton area. TASK is dedicated to promoting racially equitable practices in all its work and to fostering diversity of its staff, leadership, and board. These are important steps in a longer journey as TASK transforms itself to promote racial equity. As an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply and are committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace.
If you have these qualifications and are interested in exploring this exciting leadership role with TASK, please email your resume and cover letter to Melisa Rivera, HR Director at email@example.com